Tuesday, January 15, 2019

I'm just having fun.

Hello Everyone,

The weather has been cold and wet... except for a couple of sunny days that pushed me out to the garden. I was tip toeing around as when the ground is soaked it is easy to compact the soil.

My snow drops are beginning to nod their heads. I lifted the skirt of the large rosemary to find them sheltered and almost in bloom. I was rewarded by not only the blooms but the fragrance of the rosemary. The Sarcococca is also in bloom near my front gate. The tiny blossoms give up such a heady fragrance it just makes you feel hopeful that Spring will arrive in due course.

Now Christmas is over and our three sons birthdays have been celebrated it was time to change the decor of the Swedish House.  I am not sure it is a Swedish House but it will continue to evolve until it settles into its location.

I built a simple settee. I imagined a small grandchild sleeping there - cozy beside the fire. This build has only one large bedroom so I thought I would try and include and extra sleeping space. It may not stay there.

Here it is with a rug I knitted on 00 circular needles with very, very fine wool.

Tea is served with cinnamon buns.  I read that in Sweden more cinnamon buns are eaten than in any other nation! Can it be true?

Handy husband Bruce asked me what I would like for Christmas and to fulfill that wish built a mora clock.

Just noticed the side bar is covering the clock. I will try to repeat pic at the end of the post. J.



The feast has been cleared away from the table but may return as I have accumulated, with contributions from my Miniteer friends, quite a collection of food.


A pot of daffodils have come in from the winter room at the front of the house.


I like the reflection of the chandelier in the window in the picture below.






The bedroom is next on the agenda!

Hope everyone in blog-o-sphere is finding time to enjoy their projects.

All the best.
Janine





13 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful clock. The room is gorgeous. I love the white fireplace and the cute little bed which found a perfect corner.
    Hugs,
    Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Drora, Interesting that you mentioned the fireplace. I am beginning to think it may be a bit elaborate for the room. I am pleased with the little settee as it was easy to make.
      Janine

      Delete
  2. I love the set up in your mini room and the clock is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brandy. Nice of you to come by and leave a comment.
      Regards Janine

      Delete
  3. "Trusty Man" did an Outstanding job on making your clock Janine and the entire room with the new little bench/bed in the corner feels Peaceful and Serene. I think though that your fully stocked bar table under the stairs is only lacking a bottle of Vodka and/or Aquavit .
    Lovely seeing the reflection of the chandelier in the glass AND the graphic red traveling up the side of the stairs which makes a wonderful counterpoint to the cool blue-grey tones featured throughout the room♥️

    elizabeth
    p.s . Really enjoyed our visit today- come again soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Elizabeth. Now on the hunt for a little bottle or label of Aquavit. Perhaps when we go to the Seattle Show this year.
      Always have fun when I visit you and great to see the amazing progress on the third floor of Villa Leone.
      J.
      PS Yesterday I could not leave replies - today I can. I cannot work out why. J.

      Delete
  4. Adding the settee really shows how deep and spacious the room actually is! I wouldn't mind a nice nap there, myself! I love the coordinating cushions with the rug! Would love to see a close up photo - it looks cozy and wonderful!
    If you don't mind, I'd like to send my husband Russ up to spend a little time with Bruce. I'm hoping Bruce's skill and interest in miniatures might rub off on him! My full force interest in football hasn't had the reciprocal effect I was hoping for! :O)
    Can't wait to see what you have planned in the bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jodi, Luckily B managed to make the clock in quick time before the Australian Open Tennis began.
      I will try and do a post on how he made the clock. It was a very simple technique that I am sure other miniaturists could develop and improve.
      Take care. Janine

      Delete
  5. Hello, Janine - This very lovely room is so warm and welcoming - just the place to spend a snowy afternoon by the fire! The little settee fits so well in its cozy corner, and your knitted blanket is the perfect addition for a lazy nap. I'm very partial to the beautiful white tea table, and the cinnamon buns make it even better! The clock that your husband made is just wonderful and fits in so well with all the other things in the room. What a perfect gift! I'm looking forward to the pleasure of seeing the bedroom next.
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Marjorie, I have knitted in the past but I am not very innovative. I wish I could create a pattern of a sweater etc. However I did enjoy practicing by making a plain knit rug for the little settee.
      Elizabeth made the cinnamon buns and I think they are perfect.
      Take care.
      Janine

      Delete
  6. Great room!!! I like very much the colours and all the details, like what you put on the table next to the settee, the daffodils and all books make a gorgeous display. The settee is perfect, this is where I would like to be next to the warmth of the fire. Your husband's clock is just right for this house.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Genevieve,
      Thank you for taking time to comment. I was very happy that B made the clock so quickly so I could “almost” complete the scene. Well, you know that a miniature scene is never quite finished.
      Hope Spring is beginning to appear in your area.
      Regards Janine

      Delete
  7. Hi Janine! It is SO lovely to see a "spate" of posts of this wonderful project! To see it evolve, one beautiful piece at a time! The Mora clock is a treasure! (What a talented husband!) The daffodils are so far away in this part of the world... but it is lovely to see a pot of them that came in from your front room! The delicate light really speaks of those Northern Winters.... and that settee looks so at home, I thought it had always been there! Thank you for the cinnamon buns and tea... my favorite kind of snack! It is a pleasure to visit this house! I am enjoying this project immensely! :):)

    ReplyDelete